Probably something exterior, on the outside. Used for manifestation. Also used for flesh. Unclothed/naked would mean a spirit without a flesh/nothing exterior.
- Clothing used for our flesh
Job 10:11 (KJV) Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.
- Our heavenly body referred to as clothing.
2 Corinthians 5:1-4 (KJV) For we know that if our earthly house [our earthly body] of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands [our heavenly body] , eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
- When something is manifest upon your flesh it is referred to as “clothing“ you.
Colossians 3:10 (KJV) And have put on [lit. sink into clothing] the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him
Isaiah 61:10 (KJV) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
- Nakedness used for unfruitfulness.
Hosea 2:3 (KJV) Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that she was born, and make her as a wilderness [unfruitful], and set her like a dry land, and slay her with thirst.
- In Genesis 37:23, Joseph goes to his brothers, but his brothers strip him of his coat and throw him into a pit to symbolize how the Jews would strip Jesus of His body casting Him into Hell.