Refers to something exterior, on the outside. Used for manifestation. Also used for flesh (Unclothed/naked would mean a spirit without a flesh/nothing exterior).
- Clothing used for our flesh
Job 10:11 (KJV) Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.
- Our heavenly body referred to as clothing.
2 Corinthians 5:1-4 (KJV) For we know that if our earthly house [our earthly body] of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands [our heavenly body] , eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
- When something is manifest upon your flesh it is referred to as “clothing“ you.
Colossians 3:10 (KJV) And have put on [lit. sink into clothing] the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him
Isaiah 61:10 (KJV) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
- Nakedness used for unfruitfulness.
Hosea 2:3 (KJV) Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that she was born, and make her as a wilderness [unfruitful], and set her like a dry land, and slay her with thirst.
- In Genesis 37:23, Joseph goes to his brothers, but his brothers strip him of his coat and throw him into a pit to symbolize how the Jews would strip Jesus of His body casting Him into Hell.
- Also, in Leviticus, a garment, an earthen vessel, and a bronze pot are all symbolically used synonymously for our flesh.
Leviticus 6:27-28 (KJV) Whatsoever shall touch the flesh thereof shall be holy: and when there is sprinkled of the blood thereof upon any garment, thou shalt wash that whereon it was sprinkled in the holy place. 28 But the earthen vessel wherein it is sodden shall be broken: and if it be sodden in a brasen pot, it shall be both scoured, and rinsed in water.